2 augustus 2011

Sending Smiles ... - Make it Monday #26

Hi there!

Another fab challenge at Papertrey Ink. This time the technique has the interesting name: Decreasing Apertures.
I will try and explain it to the persons who are not checking out the video.

I started out with the dark pink: Raspberry Fizz and cut out the large scalloped circkle. I then cut out a cirle of the lighter pink cardstock: Hibiscus Burst.
Then I cut out my favorite flower: Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die Collection out of the darkest color.
I then glued some "distressed dots" paper to the back of the flower. Next step is placing the whole pack to the white card. I then cut another, smaller flower right through the distressed dots paper AND the white card, creating a see through.
The next step is placing the smallest flower on the inside of the card, but that created a bit of difficulty as I placed that smallest flower on the left over die cuts. The small flower had to fit exactly in the see through. As I wanted it to show up a bit more I stamped a text stamp on it with black versafine.
At the back of the see through flower I added one sided tape so the front would be sticky and then added the fabulous Prisma Glitter. Unfortunately I cannot see the flower at the back very well, which was a bit disappointing. You can clearly see the image on the card Jennifer Ellefson created for PTI.
As the tape on the back was visible I cut out another scalloped circle and cut out the beautiful blooms die in that to glue over the see through. Now that tape is out of view!
I stamped some flowers from the stampset: Beautiful Blooms II in fresh snow ink.
The sentiment is from the set "Up, up & Away as the card is going to someone not living nearby.
And of course I added some stitching!
I hope my explanation is a bit clear!




... and the inside ...

14 opmerkingen:

miriam zei

Mooie kaart jose volgens mij was je hem er net op aan het zetten ,toen ik hieronder een berichtje over je heb achter gelaten over de jurkjes kaart.

gr miriam

Marianne zei

Wat een prachtige kaart!! Echt helemaal fantastisch! xxx Marianne

Marjan zei

Je spreekt een aardig mondje Engels! Goed hoor, deze beschrijving is heel gedetailleerd! En wat een... BEAUTY!!!! Prachtig,prachtig!!
Die mooie kleirtjes, de gave details, ik vind hem supermooi!!
Succes met de challenge.

Groetjes, Marjan

Nadine zei

Ik zag het filmpje al, maar jouw uitleg maakt het nog eens overduidelijk. Erg mooie uitwerking, ik hou van doorkijkjes, dit is super!

Cornelie zei

TOP!!!!!!!kaartjes weer!! Heb me (ahum) niet echt verdiept in de tekst, ik ga de video wel kijken, als m'n computer dat toelaat tenminste!!
Maar wat ziet het er geweldig uit, en wat een geinig spul is dat Prisma Glitter!
Mooi weer hoor!
Liefs Cornelie

hennie zei

Wat ziet dit er ontzettend leuk uit Jose!
Voor de uitleg moet ik echt even de tijd nemen. Mijn zoon uit Friesland kwam vandaag met vrouw en kinderen, mijn batterijen zijn redelijk leeg, nu gauw naar bed.
Groetjes hennie.

Kara zei

wow...so many layers!! wonderful!

CARDS BY JOL AND ART BY JOL zei

wat een super leuk kaartje, mooi van kleur, mooie details, heel leuk het doorkijkje in de bloem.

groetjes jolande

martina's kaartjes zei

deze is leuk !mooi gemaakt, mooie kleur en fijne details, grtjs, martina
x

Sanne zei

Hij is mooi! Leuke kleur zeg!

Liefs Sanne

KarinsArtScrap zei

wat een gave en prachtige kaart josé.
heel mooi gedaan.

groetjes karin

Nicole zei

Een hele leuke kaart! :) Dankje voor je reactie want nu kan ik weer reacties plaatsen. Ik had inderdaad telkens dat vinkje aangeklikt, omdat ik aangemeld wilde blijven.. Raar dat dat dan juist niet lukt!

Groetjes Nicole

Suzanne Russell zei

Beautiful card, Jose! Great colors and excellent die choices as well!

Colleen zei

Josie, I LOVE what you have done with this technique...very clever...I may have to CAS it!! You make beautiful cards!